i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Sunday, June 20, 2004

i am now... master lee!

ok. maybe not. but i can officially sign things now as Janet Lee, M.Ed. i feel sooooo important. wow. in actuality it just might help others to understand that i am really a quite older person. damn, which reminds me... i turn 24 in less than a month.

yesterday's graduation was interesting... i didn't feel all proud and that i had completed something huge, academically-speaking. when my friends were like, "we did it!" i didn't feel that same happiness. i dunno... i jsut wasn't feeling it. even with my family i wasn't all super proud of myself. it couldn't compare to my undergrad graduation, where i really felt i had grown a great deal, that i had changed in many ways, that i had experienced and learned so much, and that i had proved to my parents what i was about. i earned their respect and made them proud by the end of my career at ucsd. and i was on my way to get my masters. i had proven myself to them. this time around, i dunno. two years at ucla just felt like... not much had happened to me, personally nor mentally. the biggest challenge was my first year of teaching. i was proud and happy about that. i finally lived it. =) but years down the line, when i get hooded for my PhD, i think i'll definitely feel that pride again. time shall tell.

thank you to my friends who were able to make it to my graduation! and for those of you whose emails i don't have, i sent out an evite for a party i'm throwing this friday! yes, janet is throwing a party! a post-graduation/pre-birthday shindig. it's in chinatown, i rented out a restaurant which will be cleared out. there'll be a bar, space to groove, a dj, and good company! think of it as a mini-club. bring yourself and whomever else! starts at 9pm, meter parking is free. it's at a restaurant called Chow Fun on the corner of Ord St. and Spring St. call me for details! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home