i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Monday, July 26, 2004

heights and free falling is not my thing. i freak out. first was skydiving. today... cliff jumping. there is this well-known rock cliff that protrudes out of waimea beach, and below u is absolutely clear waters, with only sand below. i must have stood up on that rock for at least one hour, and i really wish i were exaggerating. 3 of my friends and i went up, and they all jumped. the third one took a while, just like me. but then we saw schools of dolpin jumping by not far from us. then, an announcement from the lifeguard tower saying there was a shark nearby (which is why the dolphins were leaving). we were told to leave the waters and stay just within the shoreline. that's when my friend jumped, thinking screw it i'm going. the whole time i was up there people were starting to know me. they were encouraging me, pretending to push me off, counting for me, chanting... then even people down on the beach were watching and waiting. it became a whole spectacle. this went on for at least 40 min. i'm sure some people were even getting frustrated. i was so scared, and i didn't know why! i knew i wouldn't get hurt or die from it, cuz i watched at least 50 jumps off that thing... crazy people doing flips and diving off from a handstand. i think i just dread that freefalling feeling and fear that i would get hurt when slapping into the water. my friends would not let me back out, despite my "maybe we can come back on another day". at any rate, somehow i finally did it, i think because this local guy said he'd jump with me and i faked him out the first time. anyway, i did it. the WHOLE rock was cheering and screaming, and so were the people on the beach. so embarrassing, but i did it. =) so proud of myself!!!

what other adventurous thing is next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home