i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Sunday, September 12, 2004

my tan is going away. =(

it's been about a month since i came back from hawai'i. yet, that time is still very fresh in my mind. my current roommates are looking to buy property and move into it. i will be roommate-less then. what would i do? i don't know if i wanna stay here at this complex. ppl are whack here. think of melrose place, the tv show. it's like that. yes, and just as white. my roommates and i are pretty much the only people of color here. and everyone who lives here are working professionals. no students, and no families with kids. really odd, if u think about it. i mean, we live right next to hamilton high, which has lotsa black folk and other colored people. how could there be no black people living here, other than my two roommates? and no kids? and no students? i didn't even really think about all this until recently, after i heard the whackiness that is my apt complex. and my next door neighbors play the scariest sounding music. not scary like scary movie, but weird eerie shit. WEIRD. like puppet, toy piano music, or like... i dunno. scary shit.

benji will be moving into his ucla grad housing this tuesday. that will change things too. he'll start his program at the end of this month. he has already signed his resignation papers from LAUSD. he can't sub for my class then.. =( but alas, he is only on hiatus. i hope when i go back to school for my phD, that i will be able to go on leave of absence rather than completely terminate my position.

announcement: party it up on saturday, september 25 at Chow Fun in chinatown. renting out a restaurant and turning it into a club that nite for benji's birthday/ fundraiser & benefit for the Chinatown Collective for Community Action. $5 donation, but if u can give more that would be awesome! there will be a bar and best of all, DAMN GOOD MUSIC with the Cerritos All-Stars crew spinning that nite (and of course, dj ultraman/b-day boy himself)! y'all are invited and bring friends too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home