i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Thursday, October 07, 2004

i'm glad i've been keeping up with my blogs still. i'm glad i'm doing them for myself and not for ... uh, i guess some other reason? i do wonder who reads them anymore, though. at any rate, things are interesting with my class. their personalities are really starting to come out finally! =) they are people! they make me laugh a lot. i make them laugh too. there's one student in particular that i have this love/hate relationship thing goin on. he is.. well. he has a lot of stuff to deal with, and HAD a lot to deal with in just 5 years of his life. that would be his whole life. the last thing any teacher should expect of him is to "act normal" whatever that means. i have a lot more to say, but it would take a great deal of time. i know what i'm thinking, so i jsut need to figure out stuff and find out the best way to be his support...

it's been exactly a month now since school has begun. i love my kids. but it's so hard to let go of my old kids still! they're always passing by my classroom, they come in to help and stay in my classroom at recess, they always give me hugs when they pass by, they ask me if i can come over to their houses after school, if they can stay with me afterwards... i want them back! and their personalities are also shining in their respective 2nd grade classrooms. i'm hearing a lot of the same things from their teachers now. *shake* i have to talk to them all the time. and one student, he cries hysterically everyday every morning. he used to cry a little in the beginning of 1st grade, and every time there was a sub, but in general he was so happy. now i don't know wha'ts going on with him. all he can say is he wants to be with me. he cried for a month's worth of school already! but he's seen a psychologist as of yesterday, so they're gonna try to find out what the deal is. then, two of my more defiant students are with a first-year teacher, also going through the ucla program. last week she sent both of them to the office for their behaviors. the assistant principal asked the teacher if she had spoken with me, because i had both of them last year. =/ i've BEEN talking to that teacher and asking her about them constantly. man... i don't know why they're doin what they're doin in 2nd grade...

less intense thoughts! yesterday benji and i celebrated our 1.5 anniversary! that's a first for me. i never thought about celebrating that kind of benchmark. =) but i'm happy. ate good sushi, got a simple but very meaningful gift, and a simple but powerful letter. awww~ my partner is becoming such a softie! yay us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home