i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

people need to stop getting engaged and married around me. just found out one of my UCLA cohort buddies got engaged over the break, at the eiffel tower no less! and then there are my old SD buddies jason and ann who are getting married this may. O_O craziness. who's next...

this past weekend was the first time i took my car to the mountains. ah yes, where an SUV belongs. although, when i stopped by an auto store in bishop (about half an hour away from mammoth), i told the dood i wanted to buy some chains for my highlander. he said that i probably won't be needing them as long as i have a 4x4, to which i responded that mine is a 2-wheel drive. to which HE responded with, "oh, u only have a 2-wheel drive?" then with a sad face i replied, "... yes, it's ONLY a 2-wheel drive..." i'm so ashamed, but i'm a city girl! what do i need a 4WD for? these boarding trips will be short and limited.

happy stories: i practiced riding fakie/switch! =) i can do it! not for toooo long cuz i really scared that i'll catch an edge and fall on my butt. then my pride would be hurt. but i got myself to practice, so i think if i go a few more times i'll be able to get more comfortable. then i'll be a more versatile rider and do cooler tricks! whee! speaking of cool tricks, i successfully landed two backside 180s. =) i'm getting more comfy with that jump. halfpipe is still a sad story. i don't know how many more times i'll be able to go this season. this may very be my only trip this season... =/ ooh! i got away twice with being 6 years younger than i really am! youth rate is up to 18 yrs of age. =) i wonder how long i'll look 18 for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home