i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Sunday, October 22, 2006

GGGOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL~!!!!

i really do love futbol. i look forward to every sunday and i can appreciate the beauty of a large grass field. it's especially satisfying to make goals, of course. but i think it definitely serves as my weekly stress reliever. i get to yell to my heart's content. =)

well, i picked up a DVD of the sept. 28 rally. it's a montage of the various news reports on the historic, largest civil disobedience in l.a. i do believe there is a 2 second shot of my rear as i get handcuffed. it's hard to tell but i think it's me. looks like my jeans, my sweater, and my hands (i paused it to get a better look).

i took the metro rail for the first time. took it from downtown to the civic center. it's fast! someday i will take it to work. it would require, however, a hop on the bus, to the metro rail, transfer to a different rail line, then a final bus hop to the intersection where my school is at. am i that bold? is there a designated dont-drive-your-car day? speaking of public transportation, when i landed in sacramento for a conference several weeks ago, i took a taxi for the first time in america. HELLo! just to be driven to a place 20 min away it cost $40!!! WOW. good thing i'll be reimbursed by ucla... we have some serious public transportation issues. big ups to bus riders union for doing the work they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home