i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Saturday, October 21, 2006

too much takes a toll

my body is crying for help. i need to ease my schedule. this is crazy. i can't keep on like this. teach, attend meetings, more meetings, rally, facilitate meeting, phonebank, conference, futbol, training, march, teach, meeting, conference, meeting... it's ridiculous. sickness i guess is the only way to get the message through to me. what am i doing to myself?!?

i realize everytime i say i will write more about a topic on my blog, i really don't. i have more thoughts about sept 28 and the arrest. i got a DVD of all the news shots covering the event if anyone wants to watch it (does it sound that interesting?).

having two back-to-back weekends of going to the bay has also taken a toll on me. although it was well worth it to attend the teachers 4 social justice conference. i was able to reconnect with linda christensen of rethinking schools, and finally met her hubby bill bigelow. oh, i also need some good recommendations and resources for clubs in SF is anyone can steer me that way.

tonite i took a trip back down memory lane and watched my former korean dance academy perform at the ford amphitheatre. GOSH i MISS it!! the 3-drum dance routine is still the same, which i perform from time to time. the fan dance is the same too. but man there are these other dances that teacher modernized and brought up with the times. there is this side of me that just calls me to korean dance. i'm glad that in the least i've rejoined a drumming group and have performed at a number of rallies and marches. it's nice to be a part of something cultural and political at the same time. i think in time, though, i'm gonna have to fill the void of wanting to dance...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home