i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

a day in the life of someone serving jury duty during their spring break:

yes, it is my spring break. i was summoned for jury duty almost a year ago. they kept wanting me to come in during weeks that i was teaching. there is no way i'm getting sub for that. so i kept postponing it, but i have to serve within a year's time of my original summons otherwise they could charge up to $1,500. so i pushed it back to my spring break. i dedicated my entire spring break for this. i call in the week before, and they tell me i have to go in monday at 8. whee. i was so excited i could hardly control myself... =/

so i got there, and u do a heck of a lot of waiting. wait wait wait...i must say i got a great deal of work done. brought my laptop, all my kids' homework, and some applications that had to be filled out. anyway, they call the first group of possible jurors at 11:30. my name is not called. then we break for lunch. then we come back, they call another group. i'm not called again. another group, no call. and finally... one more time. finally at 3:30, i'm freeeeeee!!!! by waiting all day and being the leftover bunch, i had officially completed my jury service. don't have to go back again for another year. =) so happy. so this week that i reserved for jury service is completely free. and to think i was fretting all day trying to conjure up reasons and excuses to get out of it.

oh, some really big news. helped the family buy a house to live in. i'm moving to carson this summer. my mom is happy because she will finally get to live with me, my dad will definitely be happy (it has a lawn and a backyard, my dad loves gardening), and my brother probably doesn't care where we live. however, parking is great, it has a 2-car garage and 2 additional cars can fit on the driveway. anyway, there's also plenty of street parking as well. as for me... we'll see how things go. i'm happy for my family, but i foresee some family tension and issues that will most likely arise during my stay with them. it was agreed, however, that after about a year i could move elsewhere again if i want to. i'ma give it a shot. they need me financially, and i want to make sure my family is ok. let us see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home