i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Sunday, March 27, 2005

my spring break is almost over. i was able to get a lot of errands done, worked in my classroom a little (shhh), and took students to the california science museum. it was the first time i actually maxed out my passenger capacity of 7! oh wait, 6 passengers + 1 driver. so yes, people capacity of 7! gotta put my car to good use. took my cousins out for bowling, watched some movies, went shopping, bought a house, you know, typical things like that. =)

as far as school itself, now is the season i begin to dread. it is around late april-may that the standardized testing craze begins. i hate it. my kids probably hate it too, but i try to make it as enjoyable as possible (haha). the matrix discussion begins, which is what teachers will be where, or what positions will be open. i need to decide soon if i'm going to stay in 1st grade, or move to 3rd and try to get my first year kids back. most likely i will do the latter, and i know for certain that there are many 3rd grade positions opening next year. then i can stay in 3rd grade another year to get my kids THIS year back. that would all work out so well with my master plan. but first, i must think about this year. so far my master plan with regards to my administrators is also working out, especially so because of all my encounters with them through the various "leadership" positions i hold. i have my head fixated on the teacher union chair position next, perhaps even next year... ah yes, the politics of education. so fun.

speaking of fun, time for TAXES!!! O_O i need to get on that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home