i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Thursday, July 07, 2005

will i REALLy, EVER go back and read my past blog entries. i HAVE done it on occasion here and there, and it reminds me of a lot of things i've forgotten about. anyway, today i feel like writing about my dental experience. after not having gone to the dentist's for 2 years, i (well, not ME, but the dr.) discovered i had two small cavities, formed between the teeth. just goes to show me how important flossing really is. dangit. also, the tooth that required a root canal 2 years ago now most certainly needs one. but the wonderful difference? 2 years ago i had to get 2 root canals, one which i did because the pain was just too much. with the dinky UCLA student insurance, i had to cough up 3 Gs. opened up a brand new credit card just to pay it. today, same procedure but with LAUSD HMO, i pocket out only $600. WHAT A DIFFERENCE, eh?? i'm amazed. so of course i'm gonna do it. the goal is for me to get the whole procedure done before i leave for mexico in about two weeks.

at any rate, i'm sure that was exciting news for anyone who happened to read it. yesterday i visited benji at his high school summer program, UCLA migrant leadership institute. sat in for two classes. they were very good! they're doing good things in that program. i keep saying good becuase it's almost midnight and i have a right to overuse it at this time. today i visited my friend nikki at 107th street elementary and helped her out for the morning in her 5th grade class. i think i tested at least 40 students in reading today. then to the doctor's i went.

tomorrow, i'm REALLY excited for! i'm taking 4 of my students to the long beach aquarium!! one of my students is absolutely obsessed with sea turtles, so i promised him i would show him real sea turtles there. =) tickets are cheaper at costco, so i had to swing by to get those. yay! and i miss my students so much!

aiya!... FREAKIN HELICOPTERS GO AWAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home