i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Sunday, June 05, 2005

well it's been a while since i've blogged. lotsa things happening. most importantly, the close of the school year is fast approaching. i get sadder and sadder in realizing how close that time is. i will really miss this year's class so much. but at the same time, i'm excited to get my last year's class back! =) ANDDD... as sad as it may be that my kids are leaving me this year, they will be back with me again when they get to third grade! oh joyous day! =)

in the meantime, time to get busy. i will be next year's UTLA (united teacher los angeles - the teacher union) chapter vice-chair, and i will be the GSAT (Grade-level Student Achievement Team) leader, will still serve on the school site council and probably the leadership council as well... and who knows what else. it's craziness. all of this just comes with the territory. reality is, around here if you're a third year teacher, you're already a veteran. i mean, just in my second year of teaching, i'm somewhere around the middle on the seniority list. that ain't right. in other schools/districts, i should be pretty near the bottom of that list. and by next year, i will be towards the top of that list. so sad...

as for my summer, it's still mostly up in the air. only some weeks are planned, what with teacher conferences and whatnot that i have to attend. got one week of literacy program training (i dread the most), one week of AEMP training, a weekend-long of teacher union chair training... still have to hear back on whether i'll be an instructor for the summer GEAR-UP high school program. and what i'm most looking forward to: vacationing in guadalajara, jalisco with one of my closest friends. get to work my spanish. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home