i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Monday, June 20, 2005

last week of school... do report cards, close cumulative records, fill out final year-end attendance records, fill out countless award certificates, take down everything from the walls, pack up my entire room to move classrooms... it doesn't end. how is any sane individual to do all this in less than a week? all of this has to be done BEFORE friday. and in addition o what the school requires of me, i am doing things for my kids, which is also very time consuming. i'm working on the class slide show, class yearbook, printing dozens of photos so that my kids can have real pictures too, make my own certificates, not just the ones the school makes us give (i.e. perfect attendance, most improved, student of the month, etc.) but personalized ones, unique to each individual child. =) aiya~ just thinking about all the work that needs to be done this week is overwhelming me. furthermore, tomorrow after school i have a staff meeting for the high school program i'm teaching for at UCLA this summer. what's trippy is that i'll be teaching my classes in Moore Hall, which is the building where my classes for grad school were. i'm a lil intimidated, but excited, about teaching algebra/geometry this summer. =) i get to design my class entirely from scratch, however i want, whatever materials i need. watch out now...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home