i am janet. hear me roar.

hallo? anyone hear me? welcome to the thoughts of dorkyjanet. u'll realize how un-dorky she really is =)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

thrice poked
got immunizations today in prep for my trip to guatemala. tetanus, hepatitis A, and typhoid fever. whee~ so much $

my ucla writing project is coming to an end. i have no idea where that month went. my last day of teaching for upward bound is also tomorrow. my last day of korean drumming is thursday, since i won't be here next month. i had my last soccer game, well until i return, this past sunday. so many endings...

but so many new beginnings are headed my way! the beginning to me being a fluent spanish speaker! the first trip to central america! the beginning of a new living situation upon my return! the beginning of another new school year! the return of my second group of students! =)

before i get too excited though, i must hash out this piece i'm working on to submit in our writing project anthology. procrastination, always a part of me. i will dearly miss my fellow writing project fellows. it should be a sin that we get paid for being in it. i'm fairly certain that i have forged some solid ties with a handful of folks there, and it will not be goodbye. *tear*

what else can i say that's interesting..? currently reading assata shakur's autobiography. it's CRAZY!! too big to carry with me on my trips, so instead i'm taking with me esperanza rising. another dilemma: to invest in a macbook or not to invest, that is the question. i get a free nano ipod if purchase one before sept. what to do?! my desktop is ancient and my ibook from lausd is farting.

still searching for a 2bd apt in k-town with 2 parking spaces. anyone know of any leads should send em my way. looking to move end of august. yay! my roommate is going to be the best!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home